Naturally Dyed Box Tee
THIS ITEM SHIPS 1/15/17.
A sophisticated take on an everyday basic, this loose-fitting tee is accented with subtle natural dye to create a watercolor effect. Charcoal is an all-over irregular print, indigo is dip-dyed for an ombre effect.
- Made from repurposed cotton jersey remnants, collected from local factories.
- Colors and patterns will vary slightly since these are handmade and naturally dyed.
- Pre-washed and pre-shrunk.
- Please use a gentle wash cycle in cold water, and hang to dry. Naturally dyed items will fade slightly over time - wash with pH neutral soap to prolong the life of your garment.
- Vichka is 5'7" wearing size XS
- Cut to fit loosely. Order a size down is you prefer a smaller fit.
tonlé designs and makes comfortable, wearable clothes that are as original and beautiful as the people who make them. We adhere to principles of transparency, fairness, and waste reduction in everything we do, from the big stuff like wages, down to the little things like the materials in our buttons.
tonlé’s unwavering commitment to the environment can be seen in every aspect of production, particularly in our innovative zero-waste design process. Like a chef sourcing local fruits and vegetables for a seasonal meal, our design team can often be found combing through literal tons of fabric cast aside by large manufacturers to find the highest quality remnant fabrics. But we don’t stop there. Our designers work side by side with our production team to create collections that incorporate even the smallest scraps of our own waste. We’re proud that our entire production leaves 0% waste, as compared to a typical factory, which can average up to 40%.
tonlé employees earn well above the local minimum wage, and are provided with benefits and extensive training. We take job creation a step further by offering career opportunities to employees, where entry-level makers can move up to managerial roles. Instead of a traditional assembly line model, our workshops are set up with team structures, where team members work on different types of products to improve their skills and contribute more creatively. We want to foster an environment where our employees enjoy working, feel confident to rebuild their lives, and can express themselves freely.